Nikon COOLPIX P510 16MP Advanced Digital Camera
Go further with the COOLPIX P510, the bridge camera with a 42x super zoom.
With a NIKKOR lens that offers an astounding 24–1000mm wide-angle to super telephoto coverage, this 16-megapixel camera gets as close as you like to the action.
The backlit CMOS sensor and advanced lens-shift vibration reduction enable steady shots in any light. The tiltable LCD monitor provides the perfect high-resolution view from any angle.
One-touch access to Full HD movie mode lets you switch to filming movies with ease. Built-in GPS includes geotags in image data.
The COOLPIX P510— Zoom beyond your expectations.
- Astounding NIKKOR 42x optical zoom lens (24–1000mm): go further with powerful wide-angle to super-telephoto coverage. Four ED glass elements minimize chromatic aberration.
- Back-illuminated 16-MP CMOS sensor: with each pixel receiving more light, this highly sensitive image sensor works with the EXPEED processor to deliver clear shots in any light.
- Advanced lens-shift VR: Nikon’s second-generation vibration reduction system reduces the effect of camera shake in real time and lets you use shutter speeds that are up to four stops slower.
- Full HD (1080p) movie recording with stereo sound: a dedicated video-record button makes it easy to begin filming.
- Tiltable 7.5 cm (3.0-in.) 921k-dot LCD monitor: take shots from any angle. This high-resolution screen boasts an anti-reflective coating and Nikon’s Clear Color Display technology for clear viewing.
- Built-in Global Positioning System (GPS): records the exact location (latitude and longitude) where a picture was taken as a “geotag” in the image data (Exif), and you can record your route when not taking pictures.
- Auto HDR mode: capture images with impressive tonal detail in any situation when you shoot in HDR mode. The camera combines two shots taken at different exposures during a single shutter release to create an image with wide dynamic range and rich color gradation.
- Easy Panorama 360°/180°: pan vertically or horizontally to create dynamic panoramas.
- 3D shooting mode: create a 3D image of any still subject to be played back on 3D-capable TVs and computers. The camera combines two images taken from different positions; the second shot is taken automatically when the camera detects that you are in the right position.
- Advanced movie features: you can use the optical zoom with autofocus when recording, and film in slow or fast motion using speeds of up to 120 fps (VGA). Movies can be recorded in iFrame format and a built-in HDMI connector lets you connect the camera directly to an HDTV.
- High-speed continuous shooting: shoot up to five full-resolution shots at 7 fps, or up to 30 full-resolution shots at 1 fps.
- Mode dial with manual exposure modes (P/S/A/M) and User mode, where you can recall your preferred camera settings instantly.
- 16 scene modes: scene modes automatically optimize the camera settings for popular photographic styles, effects and locations. Achieve great shots the easy way—just select the mode that matches your situation.
- Fast and accurate AF: when you want to capture complex subjects, you can shoot in manual focus with a 99-point autofocus system for extra-sharp results.
- Subject Tracking AF: capture sharp shots of subjects that can’t or won’t stay still. Subject Tracking AF keeps the camera focused on a selected subject even if it is moving around.
- Wireless transfer: compatible with Eye-Fi X2 (or later) cards. Transmit your digital photos (in JPEG format) directly to your phone or personal computer, and then connect to the Internet to take advantage of Nikon’s photo sharing service, my Picturetown.
- Retouch menu: enhance your photos in-camera with a range of filter effects. Includes options such as Selective Color, which converts your image to monochrome then adds a splash of color to an area of your choice, and Cross Screen, which lends a starry effect to bright objects.
- EXPEED C2: Nikon’s fast and powerful image processing system provides high-speed operation, enhanced movie recording, high-sensitivity performance and maximum image quality.