Gura Gear Bataflae Backpack 26L
The Bataflae's (32L and 26L) unique patent pending butterfly multi-access system features a smarter way of carrying and accessing camera gear. The unique configuration maximizes the interior space making it possible to work out of the bag with multiple bodies attached to lenses in the field. The Bataflae 26L swallows professional size DSLRs (with or without L-brackets), medium format systems, and long lenses -- up to 500mm. The butterfly flaps, first introduced in our Kiboko line of packs provide access to just the gear needed, useful in tight environments like tour vehicles and stadiums, or in rough conditions where exposing the entire kit is less desirable. There are times, however when opening the bag completely is helpful, like loading and unloading or in studio environments -- this is where the genius of the butterfly multi-access system kicks in -- with the quick pinch of a buckle, the butterfly flaps release to a full traditional opening.
Available in black, grey, and tan, the Bataflae is PVC-free, features durable materials, flawless craftsmanship and the world's best zippers, YKK RC-FUSE with an industry first weather resistant coating that repels water while remaining flexible and easy to operate.
Additional innovative features of the Bataflae include a M.O.L.L.E. compatible side attachment system that allows for unique multi-point tripod or monopod configurations as well as the attachment of other accessories with the innovative quick-hook side straps. Each bag comes with a removable seam-sealed adjustable rain cover that can also be used as a ground cloth, fully-riveted handles, and color-coded zipper pulls that can easily be operated with gloved hands. Two full-length external accessory compartments on the front allow for the storage of travel documents and a light jacket and snacks, while the multiple internal mesh pockets and a fully adjustable divider system help keep gear organized.
What's the difference between the 32L and the 26L?
3 Inches. That's it, simply the height. They are identical in every other regard.
- 420D dia square nylon w/ 2x PU backing
- 100D robic diamond nylon lining w/ 2x PU backing
- YKK RC-FUSE zippers with water repellency
- N/500D Spandura reinforcement
- Woojin (WJ) hardware and pullers
- Padded air mesh
- 70D 190T nylon w/ 2x PU backing
We Stand Behind our Gear
- Ultimate warranty
- Guaranteed workmanship
- Absolutely no PVC
- Designed in the USA / Made in Vietnam
- Patent Pending butterfly multi-access system
- Stowaway harness with removable waist belt
- Lightweight design utilizing high quality materials and techniques
- YKK RC-FUSE zippers with WR coating
- Fits the overhead compartment of most commercial aircraft worldwide1
- Seam-sealed rain fly / ground cloth
- Fully riveted handles
- M.O.L.L.E. compatible attachment points with quick-hook side straps
- Multi-point tripod / monopod configurations
- Color-coded zipper pulls
- Lockable main compartment
- Fail-safe shoulder strap buckles
- Full-length front pockets for accessories, jacket, travel documents, etc.
- Maximum interior capacity for large camera bodies and long lenses up to 500mm
- Water bottle pocket
- Expandable exterior mesh pocket
- Multiple interior mesh pockets
- Interior zipper garages
- Fully adjustable divider system
- Velcro strap keepers
- Key fob
- Subtle branding treatments
- Custom-fit dust bag for storage